How do I employ the services of International Science Editing?
- Upload your manuscript to ACM.International Science Editing’s website or
- Email your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A quotation will be emailed to you within 1 working day of receipt
- Once you accept the quotation your manuscript will be edited and the edited manuscript will be returned to you via email by the delivery date provided in the quotation (typically within 5 working days)
- When your manuscript has been edited and returned to you, International Science Editing will send you an invoice with payment instructions
What contact information will I send with my manuscript?
You should include the following contact information:
- Work postal address
- Telephone number – including area code
- Email address
- Alternative email address
In what formats can I send my manuscript?
The text should be in Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Open Office Document Text (.odt) or LaTex (.tex)
What should I include when sending my manuscript?
- Your personal contact information
- Your area of research
- The title of your article
- The titles of your target journals
- Tables and figures
- Any previous reviewer comments
- The manuscript list of references
What is International Science Editing’s pricing model?
Our price is calculated from the total word count of the manuscript. We have a variety of discounts; see below “Do you provide discounts/How can I get a discount?”
What is the turnaround time?
Typically, manuscripts are returned in 10 working days.
Can International Science Editing ensure that my manuscript will be treated confidentially?
Your manuscript will be treated with the utmost confidentially by our in-house staff and our editors who have all signed binding agreements that any information contained within your manuscript will not be divulged in any way.
Can you guarantee that my manuscript will get published after you edit it?
We guarantee that your manuscript will be to the highest standard of written English. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that your manuscript will get published after we edit it as manuscripts can be rejected on the basis of their scientific content or the subject area of your chosen journal. In addition, if you amend or rewrite any of the English after it has been edited by International Science Editing we cannot be held responsible for any rejections your manuscript receives. Therefore, if you make any changes to the edited manuscript, we recommend that you return your manuscript to us for checking prior to submission.
Do you guarantee that my manuscript will not be rejected on the language used?
If you accept the edited version and do not make any changes before submission, we guarantee that your manuscript will not be rejected based on the English contained within. If you receive negative comments on the language, we will re-check the manuscript (at no cost to you) and will send you a certificate to prove that your manuscript was edited by a native English speaker. However, if you make changes and those changes are not re-checked by us, we cannot give you this guarantee. Thus, if you make any changes to the edited manuscript, we recommend that you return your manuscript to us for checking before submission.
How can I obtain an editing certificate?
Once your manuscript is edited you can request an editing certificate. Email your certificate request to email@example.com
(Note: This certificate is only valid if you do not make any changes after we have edited the manuscript.)
When do I pay the editing fee?
When we return the edited manuscript to you, we will email you the invoice requesting payment within 1 month.
How can I pay?
Payment may be made by using any of the following methods:
- By online payment to our European office (credit card is preferred). For details please check our website
- By online payment to our Chinese office. For details please check our Chinese website
- Through your bank, email us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Union
Can I communicate with your editors after I get the edited manuscript back from you?
We welcome any feedback. The edited manuscript may contain editor’s comments. You can modify or respond to the editor’s comments in the manuscript and flag your changes. Your manuscript will then be rechecked by the original editor at no charge to you.
Can I know the name and background of your editor and can I request the same editor to edit manuscripts in the future?
If requested we can provide you with the background of our editors and you may request the same editor to edit subsequent manuscripts.
Are there discounts/how can I get a discount?
As an ACM author, you are receiving a generous discount on International Science Editing’s copyediting services.